Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lessons Learned

I'm gone. Visiting family. Currently acting as the nanny/auntie extraordinaire. Pictures will be shared eventually.
This is what I have learned so far....
-When I am done walking or am tired if I just announce that my legs are broken someone is bound to eventually pick me up. Works for a certain nephew of mine anyway. I'm a sucker.
-Yukons are big. They make me feel small while driving them, convenient with children and they turn on a dime.
-Coconut shrimp + Roy Rogers + speed scrabble= girls gone wild...or at least fun with fantastic sisters in-law.
-Walking your newly 4th grader nephew into school on his first day is bound to bring back all your own emotions from that time.
-Colorado is a place of many dinosaur findings. Who knew?
-I miss jumping on a trampoline. Fun. Crack the egg and bread and butter were taught to the young ones. (love that these games are named after food. breakfast food. mmmm)
-I need to slow down. I got pulled over for the 4th time in the last 9 months on my way home from Colorado. No ticket. AND it's not because I have a nice rack (you know what I am talking about) either. Those of you that know me, KNOW this wouldn't..couldn't be the reason.
-Nothing is better than hearing a beloved niece or nephew say, "Anna, I just love you!" I eat this up.
Loving it.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

ah, being an aunt is the BEST! i can't believe your nephew is in 4th grade... then again, my niece just started high school, so i've been feeling old anyway.

i love how being with nieces and nephews makes you feel. and then you can give them back to mom and dad when you are done. :D

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Girl, sounds like a blast. your amazing,and those kids love you. remember them all fighting over that stupid baloon at your place?
im so excited for the days when i can be your mormon god mother and take your lil ones when you need sanity! miss and love you...and ps lets go get dees asap.

Marley Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time. It made my heart happy when I hear you talk about bread and butter and crack the egg. good times

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Shauma Llama!!
We miss you- it was such a fun time!!! I learned new things about you too and it was fun watching you stand on the kitchen table as we threatened to steal your phone and make some midnight calls...

Anonymous said...

Rack schmack. It's your general hotness. I, on the other hand, tend to get tickets EVERY time I'm pulled over. Which is why I drive like a granny.

Hurry home. In a completely legal, safe way.

Unknown said...

booo! u always get out of tickets!!! I dont get it! teach me!