Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Reviews

I don't know if any one actually values my opinion on such things as movies or books but I thought I would share my reviews on what I have seen and read in the last month and half.

"Enchanted" Cute Disney film. Darling might be a good word to use. The men in your life might not appreciate it,(they break out in song) but it is kind of fun.

"August Rush" Slow chic flick. A lot of character building. Hopeful, talented kid, girl from that old show Felicity and a hot guy with Irish(maybe its Scottish) accent make for a pretty good flick.

"I am Legend" I think it is best to go to this movie with out any knowledge of what it is about. Intense. Makes you jump. My parents who are getting old walked out though because it was a little too scary for my sweet momma. (That made me giggle because I didn't think it was THAT scary?!)

"National Treasure" A little long but all around it is as good as the first one. Nicolas Cage is still not a great actor and his hair is really bad.

"Juno" Completely unexpected. It has a quite a few parts that are a bit crude. I thought it was an honest film. The main girl is a fabulous actress. I liked it and yes, it really made me laugh. Not sure if I will see it again because it was a bit too cross for me.

"P.S. I Love You" OK, I loved this movie. Call me a silly girl if you must, but I loved it. I fell in love with Jerry the main guy in the first 3 minutes. Warning: may cause girls to weep.

As far as books go...

"The Secret Life of Bees", "The Kite Runner", "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and "Man's Search for Meaning"
I have LOVED every single one. I mean LOVED them all!
I lost my desire to continue typing so I wont give details on them, but I mean I loved them in great amounts. I am still reading "Man's Search for Meaning" and it continues to intrigue and teach me.

Any suggestions for movies or books for me?

3 comments:

Heather Childs aka Habbs said...

I have read Kite Runner, but I haven't read the others...so I will have to make sure and read those!! Have you ever read 'Girl with a Pearl Earring?' Because I loved that book! I will think of other books and let you know.... :)

pinklover said...

I love this post, because I love that you are a reader!!
(Pretty and Smart, great combo.)
I totally agree with all of your movie reviews. Juno was a nice surprise. The girl Juno was fantastic.
As for books.....
"Glass Castle" (but you have read it)
I am reading "The Lovely Bones", right now, so the jury is still out.
"Eat, Pray, Love", I just finished. I already am a fantastic eater and I am in love...but the pray part was interesting to me. I will lend it to you if you want.
You might like the eat part.:)
xoxoxo
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Anna, jeez you go to the movies alot! Don't you have a job? :0) I just want to say that I am completely disagreeing with you on "I am legend" not being THAT SCARY. It is the scariest thing that I have ever seen. In fact, it has changed who I am, as a person. I am afraid every single time that the sun sets. Only just this morning I was getting ready for work (while it was still dark outside)and it was so hot in the bathroom that I opened the door, to the bedroom where Mike was sleeping and he said, in his sleeping stupor "shut the damn door" I, of course tried to explain that I was hot and he said "open the window then" and I was too embarrassed to say that it was dark outside still and there was no way that I would subject myself to being sought out by a zombie just because he wanted to get some sleep, so I just shut the door and sweated my a$$ off until I was finished getting ready and then drove to work afraid in the dark. So for those of you that have not seen this movie. BE AFRAID, be very afraid!!! and just as a little side note (it has been an entire month since I saw the movie) so I am fearful that I this is not going to get any better with time