Thursday, October 25, 2007

Does this make me domestic?

A few days ago a lady I worked with brought in some curious looking crackers. I of course needed to try one. Turns out those curious little crackers were tasty! I ate a few more than I would like to admit. Anyways she gave me the recipe and I made some the next day. So I am passing the recipe on. I will pass it on with words of caution-These are not for the health conscious. Do NOT eat more than 4 at a time, you are guaranteed a belly ache. Make these, eat a few and then ship them out to the neighbors, you do not want these hanging around in easy access.

Line a cookie sheet(you have to use one with sides on it) with Keebler Club crackers ( I used reduced fat, as if that really helped...).
Boil one cube of butter, one cube of margarine and a half a cup of sugar for 2 1/2 minutes.
Pour syrup over crackers and then bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes. It will be bubbly.
Sprinkle with 1-1 1/2 cups of chopped nuts. (your choice)
Remove from pan and put on wax paper to cool.
Yum.
So, does this make me domestic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.