Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bumper Cars

Be honest. There are times when you are behind a car and you feel the urge to play bumper cars.... Instead of hitting the brakes you want to press the gas. Not to cause any damage or harm to the person... but it just sounds fun? All right there may be a time or two that I come down with a case of road rage and have a fleeting thought about ramming their back ends. BUT that is very rare. I'm not a violent or angry person.

Speaking of violence.

My dear friend Becky use to have to stay at her dad's house some weekends and more during the summer when we were in Jr high and high school. She had a mega beast for a step mom (we hated her because Becky did, don't really know if she was that bad). We(me and Emily) would end up at her dad's house with her and while we weren't checking out the neighbor boy* (HOT!!), we would sit around in the kitchen. It seemed we would be sitting on the floor a lot(probably so neighbor boy wouldn't catch us checking him out). Well, the mega beast had an abnormally large collection of crystal dishes and figurines. Crystal stuff. When boredom hit we would all choose which crystal piece would be the most fun to break. Seriously, we did.

We never did break one, but now every time I see a crystal figurine I just imagine it breaking and shattering into a thousand pieces.

I'm sick huh?

*A word on the neighbor boy. He visited from somewhere south if I am right. He was tall dark and handsome and drove a jeep AND he was the only boy we knew of that could pull off a pink polo shirt. We all loved him. Don't think one of us had more than a 2 line conversation with the boy. The view from the kitchen sink was perfect if he was out on the deck. (This just in... Emily reminded me his name...LANCE!)

8 comments:

Sarah said...

meh. it's okay. i think all of us have those secret little urges that we'd never act on, but they kind of make us smile anyway. like driving an ice cream truck down the road and not stopping for the little ones. (that's one of mine...)

Anna said...

Sarah- oh my thank you for your comment!! haha I love the no stopping for kids ice cream truck thing. You crack me up. Can't wait to see you thursday!!

Anonymous said...

I have a really weird thing when I drive on the freeway. I can't stop my head from imagining sticking my foot out the door and dropping it to the pavement like you do on a scooter. Just, you know, see what happens. I really don't know why I think that...it's so weird. And then I think, my leg would get torn off. Then I think, would I get pulled out of the car? Then I think, would I go UNDER the car? Then I get all tense, like this is really going to happen.

Nope. You're not sick. Not sick at all.

Anonymous said...

P.S. You and I are on some kind of weird wavelength thingy because before I read your post, I posted about a car today. Maybe you don't believe me. Maybe you do. But I swear it's true :) MAGIC!

Marley Family said...

That's funny I remember you talking about the cute boy next door to becky.

Becky said...

O my i cant beleive you remember that. My step mom realy was a beast! And Lance the Alabama boy was so so hot I tryed so hard to get him to talk to me but i think a hi was all i got. I did love that kitchen window i wonder if he ever new that we watched he for hours. And i should have broken some of that crystal it would have felt good man we where so cool!!!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

oh the memories anna. i broke a couple hundred things each visit. in my head that is....who buys all that crap? sereously lady get a freekin grip....oh im mean and krazy now hu? bad combo.

Valerie Smith said...

Sometimes I feel like just slamming down the gas pedal really hard and zooming as fast as I can.