Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tahitian Nights...


I had the privilege of serving with an amazing Sister from Tahiti. Sooo fabulous. She got married last month. This is her on the big day with the family.
You can't really see in this picture but the girl has this amazing long Vidal Sassoon hair. She taught me about a tradition they have in Tahiti. When it is a full moon her dad would trim her hair (he is the guy left of her). Legend has it that if you trim your hair on a full moon it will grow faster. She would take it seriously too! When she was living in France she had her boyfriend trim her hair for her on the full moon nights. So now that lucky guy (guy to the right) who has just become her husband will trim it for her. This is a very interesting tradition... I am thinking that I need to quit paying for expensive hair cuts, get a boyfriend and let him do the cutting on full moon nights! I wonder what other lovely traditions could the Tahitians teach me?

2 comments:

gurrbonzo said...

welcome to blogland!! when's the next full moon??

Megan said...

I'm so glad you have a blog. Now I get to stalk you.