Wednesday, May 6, 2009

bippity boppity

boo.

A few things on my mind.

Finals are over. Another semester down. One year from now I should be done with nursing school. Hell Yeah! (its my blog, and I will swear if I want to)

With finals being over I am ready for my stress acne to be gone.

My sister in-law told me about this blog. She is going on 31 dates, with 31 different guys, the last 31 days of her 31st year. AND she is blogging about all of them and then we get to vote on who she goes on a second date with. So fun! She has such a great attitude about all of them too. She lists her top 5 favorite things about each date/guy. I love that. We so easily notice the annoying or crazy things. Love that she focuses on the good.

Ok, back to me having a few weeks without school stress. I want to read a book. I miss reading for fun. I miss that whole, I can't function until I finish this book because it is so good feeling.
So tell me what to read. I only have 2 weeks. Hurry. Oh, I plan on reading the book by the pool. Yes, by the pool with lemonade. Hurry and pray for continuous sunshine too.

Did I mention that I have not gotten out of bed yet? It is 10:45am. I am amazing. Amazing meaning lazy. Lazy meaning happy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of books do you like? I have HUNDREDS of suggestions. I need a theme. We'll go from there. Are you on goodreads? I highly recommend it.

CONGRATULATIONS on finals being over! WHEW!

Marley Family said...

I heard that Wicked is a great read. I plan on reading it myself this summer. Have you read it yet.

j said...

Looking over what I've read in the last few years, I'd recommend "The Road" (which I own) or "The Year of Living Biblically" (which I checked out from the library).

The former is a post-apocalyptic book about a father and a son ("The Man" and "The Boy") who are walking on a road hoping to find a better place. The latter is one man's experience in trying to live the letter of the law of the Old Testament (including most of the weird stuff in the law of Moses).

Anna said...

Dunnthat- I have liked historical fiction, memoirs, mysteries, romance... goodness anything. I don't think I want to read anything too dark right now though. How about a happy novel?

Rena- Have not read Wicked yet... BUT I have seen the play twice and LOVED it.

J- Read The Road a few years ago. It was good. Dark and a little sad but really liked it.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep em coming!

Sarah said...

a happy novel: anne of green gables. i'm serious. also, the alchemist. (amazing.) those are the ones that i have read lately, except for harry potter. i have a list that i want to read. check out goodreads.com.

(and no offense to who suggested it, but i have heard that wicked is actually really dirty and they took that stuff out to make the musical. just a warning. you decide.)

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

keep swearing on this. i like it. read the book iput on my blog anna...its such a good summer book. and by the way? could you get my stupid glasses off the night stand?

janelle said...

Thanks Anna!! I really appreciate your plug and your comments! :) And thanks for your comment on my blog! I am the queen of finding the negative and absolutely DREADING dates, so this has been so good for me! I love your sis-in-law! She is stunning and funny....fab combo!! Keep your good thoughts my way....and vote for a good one in the end! :)

Oh, and if you want an interestingly funny, kindof weird and nothing you'd ever read without a suggestion book...Stiff by Mary Roach. I'm not even going to describe it here because you'll think I am weird, but I learned SO much from that book!! It is so interesting and I laughed out loud while reading it! Weird, but true!!

Enjoy your break!!
janelle

Sakievich said...

Try "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek" by Annie Dillard

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I love that you love Janelle's blog- she is great! BTW - we could use an auntie Anna visit if the weather gets bad and the pool is closed!

Melanie said...

My brother went on a date with the Fun with 31 girl! He's number 31! Crazy huh?