Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jetsons

There has been a lot of talk about my mode of transportation in the last little while. It is a pretty impressive machine. Not many have heard of a Chrysler lasting more than 200 THOUSAND miles.
The longevity of this magical thing has not come easy. I have AAA and without fail I have used the allotted tows each year. My mechanic , whom I love (did I just use "whom" in the right context??) knows me by name. AND he and I are both impressed that he hasn't had to do anything major since I ran her off the road January 2009.
For a while I tried to talk my dad into helping me get a different car. No way. His words exactly: "I made my bed and I am going to sleep in it!" Translation: We put a lot of work into it and I am not going to throw that away.
So, I have had to grow to love this car. Or at least appreciate it. No car payment has been most lovely.
The following are a few things that I love about this vehicle, or at least things that I believe give it some charm.
The paint is chipping off. Not the most attractive thing, but I have the strongest urges to pick it off. Kind of like when you get a sunburn. Who doesn't feel some sort of satisfaction when you peel off a big piece of your skin? (gross, but agree with me)
It has a squeak. I go to my trusty mechanic every 6 weeks or so and he sprays the under carriage to make it go away. BUT I have heard from a few friends that they LOVE to hear the squeak. They say it is charming...
It sounds like a Jetson mobile, or so I have been told. It has a gentle "whirring" much like the sound of the Jetson's futuristic mobiles. I know, you are jealous.
When coming off the freeway, or taking it down from a very high speed to a much slower speed it has a shake. It gives my arms a massage, and reminds me that I should work on getting those arms in shape.
Who else has a car that does ALL that?

To my Chrysler: Here's to many more months of driving bliss! Cheers!! (please, for the love, do not die!)

10 comments:

Marley Family said...

Now that you have talked about your car its going to betray you and break down. I think your best car was the old wagon you had in high school. That thing was sweet. With its red interier and fake wood pannling. Amazing!

Sarah said...

cars are so much more fun when they have character. that's all i have to say.

Anonymous said...

Laughed right out loud at the arm massage...and, all of it :) You need a new car sweetie. Newer anyway. Though I am in awe of the fantastic track record of old blue. Unheard of.

I have to wonder, though, who buys a car like yours? Or is it a kidney car? Interesting...

I've missed your blogs. Mucho. And, I do believe you used "whom" correctly, though I suck at who/whom and lay/lie. Just sayin'.

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

aNNA BANANANNAAAAAAAA
i bet dave buys you a pimp ride asap.
i bet you a sack of country balls on it.
i wanna pick the paint off it with you:)

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

I still remember when Adam begged your parents to let him drive the Crysler to Utah and everywhere else because it was "the nice car." And don't worry when the Crysler finally does go I have a lovely blue machine parked in my driveway begging for your love and companionship...

Anonymous said...

The only reason that old thing lives is because I put it in my daily prayers. I loved that car when I drove it and have lovely memories of speeding down the freeway on my way home from school.

Larissa said...

!!! I love it! And I thought that I was bad clinging to my '93 Honda Civic...but we've got like 40,000 miles to go to catch up with you! And quite a few paint chips!

Kit said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I have missed h=you Nanners! No more blogging breaks please! I don't care that your all crazy in love...I need your humor in my life! Arm massage!? Haha!! Love it! ANd I am with Emily...that thing might be retired soon.

The Simisters said...

Your Chrysler and my Toyota should get together! I can relate to the "charming" qualities you see in your car. Who doesn't like a nice arm massage every now and then? Give it up for cars that just keep on running!

Niki said...

Oh my gosh, I could relate so well to a lot of what you were saying. Most recently I took my car in because of the "charming" squealing noise it was making. Not so awesome. :) Loveyou!!