Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An experience


Me and Mel went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It was most lovely to see so many out and about showing off their potter pride. I want a Hogwarts scarf in the worst way.

anyway...

They were not assigned seats and we were not exactly early. After searching 3 theaters we happened to fall upon two seats that weren't front row. We sat down half thinking someone would turn around to tell us they were being saved. I told Mel that I had just said a little prayer that we would find decent seats. How awesome is that? That I really had a little prayer in my heart that we would find seats for our movie???? baha! I am a horrible person.

Not long after I confessed about my prayer our noses were awakened to a very fowl smell. These seats were in back of a row of people with potent body odor. Wowza. It was bad. We both agreed that it was a lot like European body odor. You know the kind. Especially if you have been on public transportation over there on a hot day. We thought we would just get use to it. Unfortunately any time there was much movement the smell was awakened and stirred and seemed to almost slap us in the face. Eyes watering.

That's what I get for saying such a selfish prayer. ;)

Didn't ruin the movie for me though. We loved every second. Loved the movie.

I developed up crush on Harry. Is that wrong?

AND I discovered a new obsession. Coconut M&Ms. I am in love.

Life needs to be filled with experiences. Losing sleep, trying your best to ignore a fowl odor, drinking a very large soda and NOT peeing your pants, discovering a new favorite candy, watching a fantastic story on screen, and laughing with one of your bffs. That is an experience that is worth having.

12 comments:

gurrbonzo said...

Ooh, I want a coconut M&M.

b.o. is the grossest thing. Yesterday at the public library a total stinky sat by me. I didn't want to get up and move right away, and the only open place was clearly visible so if I were to move seats it would obviously be to get away from stinkatron, so I was stuck for a few.

Shudder.

Sarah said...

i so agree. sad about the B.O. i think i would have taken the front row over it. but it was SUCH a good movie. i loved it. i could go on and on about how much i loved it, but you saw it, so you know it was great.

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Have not seen the movie... but coconut M&Ms really???
Your mom bought a bag while I was with her in Idaho and we felt betrayed by the almost always good bet of mixing coconut with chocolate. At first taste we were like "oh my freak this is so good!"...then seconds later a wierd after taste hit us and we ended up throwing the bag away! But I am glad you enjoy them!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

i think i had b.o. at the salon last night..."i got problems dude"-DROWNDING MONA. im glad you went bananna...and harry is hot...he has abs. i dont like the books tho. boring wizard crap....i need sex in a good book...and harry potter aint got it:)

Larissa said...

I had laundry BO two days ago! This is a smell that may be confused with BO, but is actually a smell of mildew emitting from some laundry item that was not properly dried before being stuffed in a gym bag - oops. Maybe I'll blog about that.
Anyway, I am VERY jealous of your Potter watching. Ever notice how "Harry Potter" sounds dirty? Like - kiss my harry potter. Ewww. I hope to see the movie soon!!!

Brianne said...

and..... falling asleep in class the next morning :)

Anna said...

I love all the sharing of your BO stories! :)

RYAN said...

DUDE, i would kill those people for encroaching on my olfactory lobes!! that is just a huge pet peav..pieve..peive..peiv..piev.. freak i idon't know how to spell.. i'll have to call bouepeng. i'm glad that the movie is getting pretty good reviews.. i wana see it tonight.

Anonymous said...

If loving Harry is wrong I don't wanna be right. And for me, uh, very VERY wrong. I could be his grandmother. Except there's this...I have a nagging suspicion that Daniel Radcliffe is gay. Just sayin'.

Fun fact: Just yesterday a friend told me about a body odor study. This would be in response to the fact that she and I were returning from girls camp and we were both offending ourselves.

ANYWAY, she told me that there was this study in which 100 males were given identical shirts. Each wore their shirt for five days. Worked out in them, went to work in them, whatever.

At the end of the designated period, the shirts were tested for odor. The shirts were labeled with the number of the subject, but the tester didn't know whose shirt he/she was smelling.

The study showed that the worst smelling shirts were from unattractive men. The best smelling shirts were from good-looking men.

So here's the question...were the smelly people ugly?

Just wondering.

Marley Family said...

Ok I love Harry Potter! I'm such a pot head! Hehe! I loved the movie. I wish it were longer. I feel like they skipped alot of importaint suff. Oh well.

Liz said...

Yikes! I had the same experience at the 6 p.m. show Wednesday. The b.o. offender also had one of those iced coffee things and though I usually hate the smell of coffee, I was grateful it partway covered up the other stench. But the movie was still fantastic!!

Niki said...

So I haven't blogged in forever and I love reading your blog!!! :))) You make me laugh every time...